Thursday, September 29, 2011

Surreal Life

Today was one of those days...it started off at 5:30 am when the boy, coughing and sneezing, woke me up. I am a morning person but not a farmer...5:30 is way too early!



At around 7 am I decided to finally join the world of living things, and right after my first cup of coffee hell just broke loose. We made a deal on this house, and it looks like it's not gonna happen. And we need a place a.s.a.p. And we need a house in a town that has no houses available.

So saying that I'm stressed out would be an understatement...


And then...one of those surreal moments when everything stands still...and you wonder if this is really happening to you...



And you read that email very slowly, and you try to grab that cup of coffee but it's too heavy and your hands are too shaky...

So you go to the kitchen for some water. This time you are sure that you just imagined the whole thing. (I knew that eating canned tuna was a bad idea...does mercury poison cause hallucinations?)

And I go back to the computer and the email is still there. With the magazine logo. And I recognize the font, she emailed me before... And it's still saying...

THEY WANT AN INTERVIEW AND FEATURE MY WORK IN THEIR SPRING ISSUE!!!

(Yes. Caps intended.)

I feel so blessed. Shocked. Ecstatic. Terrified. Thrilled. Anxious. Grateful. Happier than a pig in poo.

It's time to bring out the good stuff tonight and calm myself down celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment